Bayside Gas / Convenience is seeking a dedicated and vigilant Security Guard to maintain a safe and secure environment for both our customers and employees. Bayside Gas / Convenience maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
This role involves a comprehensive approach to security, requiring the guard to be adept in patrolling the premises, monitoring surveillance equipment, and ensuring strict adherence to safety protocols. Our ideal candidate is not just a protector but also a proactive member of our team, committed to maintaining the highest standards of security and safety.
Security Guard Job Duties:
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; informing violators of policy and procedures; restraining trespassers.
- Completes reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Maintains organization’s stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Lifting, Surveillance Skills, Deals with Uncertainty, Judgment, Objectivity, Dependability, Emotional Control, Integrity,
- Safety Management, Professionalism, Reporting Skills
- Must be bondable and complete a criminal record check
- Flexible hours including back shift
- Must possess strong group communication skills
- Proven history of working well in stressful situations
- Must be ready to adapt to the changing work environment
- Quick reflexes to any possible problems that can arise
- Good social skills to de-escalate situations without any hassle
- Must be able to identify a potential threat & efficiently control the situation
- Must have courage in tough situations & take control and remain present
- Must be passionate about making a difference in protecting property and human life
- Must have strong communication skills
- Available for training (mandatory)
- Have or willing to possess a valid first aid certificate.
- Team player
This role is pivotal in ensuring the safety and security of our premises and requires a candidate who is not only skilled in traditional security measures but also excels in communication and emergency response. If you have a passion for security and meet these requirements, we encourage you to apply for this vital position at Bayside Gas / Convenience.
All interested individuals can submit their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or drop off at Band Office: 7 Dillon Street, Paqtnkek, N.S.
Application will be accepted up until: Monday July 24th, 2023