Manager of Human Resources
Deadline: 4pm, June 18, 2021
Manager of Human Resources
Paqtnkek Mi’kmaw Nation and Bayside Corporate are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to work as a team member to maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources. This includes planning, implementing, evaluating employee relations, human resources policies, programs, and practices for Paqtnkek Administration and Bayside Corporate.
The HR Manager will be the go-to person for all employee-related issues. The HR Manager duties will involve managing activities such as job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training and development, and talent management. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete HR Manager job description and specification. The HR Manager will report directly to the Band Administrator and Bayside Corporate CEO.
Human Resources Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Establishes a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counsels managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and provinicial requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Recommend new software to address personnel needs, like performance review tools
- Address employees’ queries (e.g. on compensation and labor regulations).
- Address Hiring Practices, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization and Corporate Goals, Workplace Bullying.
- Occupational Health and safety Reviews with OHS team and Mangers.
- Knowledge and implementation of the Financial Administrative Laws.
- Proven work experience as an HR Operations Manager, HR Manager, or similar role
- People-oriented and results driven
- Ability to create strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company and First Nation administration.
- Good knowledge of labour laws
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Information Systems: Xyntax would be an asset
- Experience designing compensation and benefits packages
- Ability to develop and update clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Team management skills and HR best practices
Applicants with backgrounds in the Bachelor of Business Administration: Human Resources, Aboriginal Financial Officers of Canada: CIHRP, and Business College HR. Equivalencies may be considered. Candidates may be considered for other similar positions with Paqtnkek and Bayside Corporate. Interested candidates are asked to submit their cover letter and resumé along with three current work references no later than Friday, June 18th at 4pm.
Attn: Charmaine Jesty at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates may be considered on future competitions. Thank you for your interest in this competition.
Application Deadline: Friday June 18, 2021 4:00 p.m.
Job Type: Full-time with a possibility of renewal
Benefits: Company pension and medical benefits upon hire date and Employee and Family Assistance program.