The Bayside Gas and Convenience is seeking individuals interested to work in the retail and customer service sector for fulltime and part-time availability that will operate 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
The Casher will be responsible for the sale of fuel and other automotive products, as well as all in-store merchandise, including tobacco products, lottery tickets and sundries and will be responsible for processing credit and debit card transactions and validating cheques using an electronic scanner and cash register.
Other responsibilities will include the performance of stocking shelves, receiving products on delivery, cleanliness of Bayside Store and ensuring the safety and maintenance of the property, both indoors and outdoors and follow all the policies and procedures of Bayside Travel Center. All duties will be performed with a consistently high focus on customer service.
All Supervision and training and monitoring will be carried out by the Bayside Gas and Store Manager.
- Customer Service
- Team Approach to meet profit targets
- Quality Orientation
- Receiving Goods
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Greet customers entering establishments
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas
- Resolve customer complaints
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items
- Comply with NSLC requirements
- Cardlock Training
- Ongoing Customer Service and Retail Training
- High school or GED preferred
- Customer service and/or retail experience preferred
- Strong customer service and friendly attitude
- Ongoing training in effective customer service and retail quality
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, and e-mail
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Monitor the proper use of retail and Cardlock gas pumps
- Overtime as required
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required
All interested individuals can submit their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or drop off at Band Office: 7 Dillon Street, Paqtnkek, N.S.